It’s All About the Money
Sanne probes Dave’s efforts to promote rebalancing to upstream investments, calling in 2015 for per capita investment benchmarks for all determinants. He discusses the potential but yet unrealized promise of ACO Shared Savings, the Hospital Community Benefit IRS requirement, and local health outcome trusts.
- Kindig DA, Isham G. 2014. Population Health Improvement: A Community Health Business Model That Engages Partners in All Sectors. Front Health Serv Manage 30(4):3-20.
- Rosenbaum S, Kindig DA, Bao J, Byrnes M, O’Laughlin C. 2015. The Value of the Nonprofit Hospital Tax Exemption Was $24.6 Billion in 2011. Health Affairs 34(7):1225-1233.
- Bakken E, Kindig DA. 2012. Is Hospital Community Benefit Charity Care? Wisconsin Medical Journal 111(5):215-219.
- Kindig D. 2016. To Launch and Sustain Local Health Outcome Trusts, Focus On ‘Backbone Resources’. Health Affairs Blog February 10. https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/forefront.20160210.053102/full/
- Kindig D. 2015. From Health Determinant Benchmarks to Health Investment Benchmarks. Chronic Dis 12:150010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd12.150010
- Kindig DA, Milstein B. 2018. A Balanced Investment Portfolio for Equitable Health and Well-Being Is an Imperative, and Within Reach. Health Affairs 37(4):579-584. https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2017.1463